Position: Engine / Electrical Engineer Ref N: 085_NMC_SM (Click here for more information)
Vessel: ASD Tug On behalf of Smit Lamnalco, we are looking for:
1. Position Electrical Technical Officer
2. Mission and Scope of duties
Shall assist in providing safe reliable operation of the vessel’s engines, machinery and all other electrical equipment.
Shall support the Chief engineer by carrying out orders and / or instructions issued by the Chief Engineer when such orders and / or instructions are sound and within the accepted practices of good seamanship.
Must always inform the Chief Engineer whenever an operation may place any of the vessel’s machinery or other equipment at risk of damage.
3. Job Context
Ensure the vessel is safely operated in accordance with:
• STCW 1978 as amended
• MARPOL 73/78
• Flag State Regulations
• Class Regulations and Requirement
• The ISM and ISPS Code
• MLC 2006
• Instruct and encourage crew to work safely and lead by example.
• Inform Vessel Management of any deficiencies related to equipment, standards and procedures (SLIMS).
• Ensure that the vessel operates efficiently and incident free
4. Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The Electrical Technical Officer is accountable/responsible :
• That the vessel remains within compliance of the requirements of all applicable rules, laws, regulations, guidelines and practices of good seamanship at all times.
• To apply, follow and encourage SLIMS in the performance of all tasks, with particular emphasis on the protection of the environment and pollution prevention.
• To ensure that the SLIMS is rigorously maintained with particular emphasis on the correct use and application of PPE, safety equipment, Check-lists and all other safety precautions relating to job and task performance.
• To complete the SLIMS E-learning programme and MARAD training as per the crew training Matrix and implement the same on-board
• To ensure planned maintenance is executed as per MARAD (planned maintenance system on board).
• General maintenance is executed on the main workboat, which is used during tanker operations for connecting the SPM moorings and to transfer crew to from SPM and on occasion to and from the tanker (If applicable).
• General maintenance is executed on the diving systems as per requirements (If applicable).
• To execute the M&R policy and guidelines on Contract Level.
• To coordinate daily M&R activities on electrical , electronic and control Systems.
• To provide support to the TSI with the requisition of electrical/electronic and control systems.
• To receive and inspect electrical goods and equipment for running M&R
• To investigate and analyse root cause of electric/electronic defects and to take timely corrective actions.
• To ensure that the repair let of electric/electronic and control systems in the planned maintenance system is maintained based on surveys and vessel inspections.
• To support the TSI during surveys and inspection of Flag State, Classification Authorities and other relevant parties .
• Provide a handover report to the reliever upon completion of tour of duty.
5. Qualifications / Experience • Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW 78 (as amended) and or national regulations.
• Certificate of Medical Fitness in accordance with MLC 2006 requirements and or national regulations.
• A minimum experience of 2 years’ experience in same rank and on same type of vessel
• Must have completed Marlins English [minimum pass score 80%] examination and certificate must be available.
• Must have experience with propulsion systems, feedback control systems, GMDSS, Navigational Systems, Power electronic system, electrical distribution systems, ship automation.
• Must have electrical knowledge and able to read electrical diagrams.
• Must show initiative and be self-reliant, analytical and demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Computer literate.
• Experienced working effectively in team environments
Follow the Link (apply now) and send us back the filled application form in editable format.
For additional information please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org